This past week I went to the launch event at the Microsoft store in Bellevue. It was quite a busy event. Of course looking back I realized that I was there during the lunch hour and during that hour I was told they sold out. There were two lines that were from the desk to the door and they were starting to wrap around the store. IT WAS INSANE. But a lot of fun, I lifted weights,
my children played Xbox One
and we learned about the Microsoft Band
About Microsoft Band:
· Microsoft Band, the first device powered by Microsoft Health, helps you achieve your wellness goals by tracking your heart rate, steps, calorie burn, and sleep quality. It also helps you be more productive with email previews and calendar alerts – right on your wrist.
· Available now for just $199, the device works across iPhone, Android, and Windows Phones.
· Email previews and calendar alerts appear right on your wrist so you know what you have to do and where you have to be even on the go.
· For customers using Windows Phone 8.1, ask Cortana to take notes or set reminders with your voice. She’ll give you driving directions and keep you on top of traffic, sports, stocks, weather, and more. She is ready to help whenever you need it.
About Microsoft Health:
· Microsoft Health is a cloud-based service that helps you live healthier by providing actionable insights based on data gathered from the fitness devices and apps that you use every day.
· Activity-tracking devices like the new Microsoft Band, smart watches, and mobile phones plus services like RunKeeper or MyFitnessPal connect easily to Microsoft Health.
· Using this fitness data and the Intelligence Engine in the cloud, Microsoft Health provides valuable, personal insights so you can reach your fitness goals.