This is a sponsored post for VISINE® and The Motherhood, who sent me product and compensated me for my time. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
I’ve been traveling a lot, I went to Tennessee and everything is green there is so much pollen floating in the air. Then I came home and there was a layer of pollen on the car, it was much thinner than Tennessee but it was there. Then I went to LA and the smell of all the flowers and pollen went straight to my eyes. AHH, I was so irritated. I felt like I had every single sensation going on Itching, Redness, Tearing, Swelling and puffiness of the eyelids, a “Foreign body sensation”, Burning sensation, and Watery eyes. If you are experiencing any of those you might be experiencing eye allergies. 1 in 5 American suffer from eye allergies so you know you are not alone. Before I went to LA I received some Visine-A drops to take with me. I carried them in my purse and camera bag so they were always with me. VISINE®-A® Eye Allergy Relief Eye Drops combine an antihistamine with a redness reliever to temporarily relieve eye itchiness and redness, helping eyes get back to normal. Do you see the redness anymore? This was after hiking in LA!
Luckily, with the help of VISINE®-A® and a few tweaks to your daily routine, you can outsmart the “pollen vortex” and continue to look and feel your best. Use VISINE®-A® Eye Allergy Relief Eye Drops to temporarily relieve itchy, red eyes due to pollen, ragweed, grass, animal hair and dander. VISINE®-A® Eye Allergy Relief Eye Drops are clinically proven effective for eye allergy relief. Here are a few tips from Visine-A to help prevent eye allergies.
· Avoid rubbing your eyes which can worsen the allergic reaction, instead, gently wash around the eye area, to remove any allergens that have settled in or around eyes
· Stay indoors between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. when pollen counts are generally higher, try to schedule errands and your workout for later in the day on high-pollen days
· Wipe down pets that come in from outdoors with a damp towel to remove pollen from their feet and fur
· Keep windows and doors closed to reduce the flow of pollen into your home and remember to take off your shoes before coming inside so you don’t track in pollen
· Use a few drops of VISINE®-A® for clinically proven relief for red, itchy, watery eyes and puffy eyelids caused by indoor and outdoor allergens, helping eyes get back to normal fast
As a contact lens wearer I really feel that I should also mention that you have to remove your contact lenses to use these drops. Contact lens wearers should remove contacts, add VISINE®-A® Eye Allergy Relief Eye Drops, wait for at least 15 minutes, and then place contacts back into the eyes; contact lens wearers should not use VISINE®-A® Eye Allergy Relief Eye Drops while wearing contact lenses. The 15 minute wait time will allow the eye drops to be absorbed into the eyes before the contacts are put back in.
For more allergy season tips and tricks, visit http://www.visine.com/understanding-eye-allergies/histamines