I’ve always loved homemade doughnuts. I remember when I was a kid, my mom made doughnuts from scratch once or twice – she didn’t think they turned out very good because she was always critical of her own cooking, but I always said, “Mom, those were SO GOOD!”. I really need to try my hand at it myself someday. And now I have another recipe, thanks to this strawberry doughnut recipe that came across my desk yesterday! This was aired as part of a cooking demo on Veria Living TV network’s show The Juice. Doesn’t this sound so good?
Recipe courtesy The Juice
· 4 large eggs, room temperature
· 3 tablespoons butter, melted
· ½ cup coconut milk
· 1/3 cup agave
· 1 teaspoon vinegar
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
· ½ cup coconut flour
· 1 teaspoon baking soda
· ¼ teaspoon salt
· 4 strawberries, minced
· 1-2 teaspoons coconut milk
· 1 cups confectioners’ sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree and grease the doughnut with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Using a stand mixer, beat eggs, butter, milk, honey, vinegar and vanilla on medium-high speed until creamy.
3. Add coconut flour, baking soda and salt. Beat on high until smooth.
4. Scoop the batter into a large ziploc bag, seal the top, and snip one of the bottom corners.
5. Pipe the batter into the doughnut mold, filling it completely.
6. Bake for 17 minutes. Remove the doughnuts and cool on a wire rack.
7. When cooled dip doughnuts into strawberry glaze (directions below).
For the glaze:
8. Mix confectioners’ sugar and 1 teaspoon of coconut milk in a small bowl. Add remaining teaspoon of coconut milk if it’s too thick. Stir in minced strawberries.