National Pasta Association has several healthy and easy, festive pasta recipes that will keep the family satisfied, including a hearty Lasagna Verde, a fresh veggie filled Fusilli with Lemon-Arugula Pesto and a flavorful Tortellini Caesar Salad.
This is the Tortellini Caesar Salad
- 1 bag of frozen Tortellini (flavor of your choice)
- 1 small head romaine lettuce, chopped
- ½ cup grape or cherry tomatoes (optional)
- ½ cup chopped cucumber (optional)
- ½ cup croutons
- 3 tbl. grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup Caesar dressing
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the tortellini according to package directions. Drain and reserve.
- Once cooled, combine lettuce, cooked tortellini, and optional vegetables. If not eating right away, reserve.
- Pour on dressing and sprinkle with cheese and croutons (to taste) and serve.