It’s spring and the fruits are in season. While I was at Costco yesterday it was so hard to pass up the crate of strawberries. The only reason why I did was because we get a weekly box of produce sent to our house and I can’t wait to see what’s in it. With fruit being in season it’s really easy to make your own low sugar Jam with Truvia use this Balsamic Strawberry jam recipe and substitute the sugar for Truvia low calorie sweetener by cutting the amount in half 2 cups sugar = 1 cup truvia, or you can always use jam from the store.
While I was with Smuckers last November we made these Thumbprint cookies. JUST DELISH!
Classic Thumbprint Cookies
Makes: 4 Dozen
Preparation Time: 40 Minutes
Cooking Time: 17 Minutes
· Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
· 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
· 1 Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening, cut into slices
· OR 1 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
· 3 large eggs, separated
· 2 tablespoons water
· 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
· 1/4 teaspoon salt
· 2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
· 2 cups finely chopped pecans
· 1 cup Smucker’s® Strawberry Preserves, or any Smucker’s® Preserves, Jam or Jelly
1. HEAT oven to 350°F. Adjust rack to middle position. Coat two cookie sheets lightly with no-stick cooking spray.
2. BEAT brown sugar and shortening in medium bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed for 2 minutes or until fluffy. Scrape down sides of bowl. Add egg yolks, water, vanilla and salt. Beat until well combined. Add flour on low speed until well blended.
3. BEAT egg whites in a shallow bowl until foamy. Place pecans in a separate shallow bowl. Measure about 2 teaspoons dough for each cookie. Roll into balls. Dip each dough ball into egg whites, then roll into pecans. Place on prepared cookie sheet. Using the back of a teaspoon or your thumb, make a rounded indentation in the top of each cookie.
4. BAKE 10 minutes. Remove from oven. It may be necessary to create the indentation once again with a spoon. Place about 1 teaspoon preserves into the indentation of each cookie.