This is a partnered post with Hormel Family. I receive samples in exchange for sharing their information. It’s almost October so I know you’ll start thinking about Halloween recipes. Here is a creepy Crawly recipes that you’re sure to love.
Spider Peanut Butter Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup SKIPPY® Creamy Natural Peanut Butter Spread
- 3/4 cup margarine or butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Makes 66 cookies.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; mix well.
- In large bowl, beat together peanut butter and margarine with electric mixer until smooth. Beat in granulated and brown sugars, then eggs and vanilla until blended. Beat in flour mixture just until blended.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. On ungreased baking sheets, arrange cookies 2 inches apart. Bake 12 minutes or until lightly golden. If decorating like spiders, remove to cool on baking sheets 2 to 3 minutes. Decorate to look like spiders, if desired.
- If decorating like spiders, gently press mini peanut butter cup into top of each cookie while still warm. When chocolate starts to melt, attach thin pretzel "legs" by placing end of pretzel into melted chocolate. Cool completely then attach mini coated candy pieces for "eyes" and mini sugar pearls for "pupils" with peanut butter.