If I had been more thoughtful about this I would have figured all of this out before I left for my road trip. I mean, even though we had a great time doing it the old fashion way, a movie here and there would have been fantastic. Watching TV in a hotel is not appropriate anymore. We tried watching a few shows and then I would quickly change the channel because the language or what was on was just sparking questions I didn’t really want to answer.
UltraViolet is a great way to access your movies while you’re on the road. Your devices are more than likely compatible. It works for the iphone, iPad and for Sony devices just to name a few. We have the Sony Tablet and took that on our road trip with us. I should have loaded it up with movies like The Smurfs. When you buy new movies that have the Ultraviolet sticker on them then they come with a code you can use to claim a digital copy formatted for your selected device.
Gail digital access to your entire entertainment library with UltraViolet. The new online cloud-based digital service allows you to upload, store and watch all your favorite movies, whenever and however you want…whether on the road from your iPad, in the airport on your laptop or even from your smartphone while you’re sitting waiting on your doctor.
Here is a small list of Sony Pictures Movies with UltraViolet
· The Vow
· Men in Black (I and II)
· The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
· Friends With Benefits
· The Smurfs
· Jack and Jill
How to Sign Up to UltraViolet
· Get Your Code: Locate the slip of paper inside your SPHE Blu-ray box that contains your UltraViolet code.
· Sign Up: Although there are a couple ways to sign-up, I recommend going to Flixster.com and click on the “Sign Up” button to create your account. Please note that Flixster will redirect you to also create an account at UVVU.com* (which is necessary to access UltraViolet).
*You will only need to do this the first time you sign up, after that you can access your Flixster account directly without also needing to login to UVVU.com.
· Redeem: At Flixster, click on the “Redeem Now” button (or go to Flixster.com/UltraViolet) and select your movie. Click the “Get Started” button and follow instructions to enter your special code. The movie will then be added to your collection and available to stream, watch via mobile device or download for offline viewing.
Need more help?
· I recommend watching the short video in the lower right hand corner at: http://uvvu.com/ for a great overview of what UltraViolet is and how it works
Then if you need help each movie will give you step by step directions on how to use your code and add the movie to your account.
We received sample movies from Sony to test out how well UltraViolet works.