What could be better this Valentine’s Day than opening a bottle of wine over a homemade pasta dinner with your sweetie?
Recipe courtesy Oil & Vinegar
· 1 pound 31 – 40 count shrimp, raw, peeled and deveined
· 1 cup warm water, divided
· 1/4 cup Bruschetta Originale
· 1/4 cup Chili Pepper Olive Oil
· 1/4 cup Arrabbiata Herb Mix
· 1/4 cup dry white wine or broth
· 1 (250 g) package Pasta di Puglia
· Parmesan for serving
· Chopped parsley for garnish
1. In a small mixing bowl, prepare the Bruschetta Originale by mixing with 1/2 cup warm water and allowing to sit for 5 minutes.
2. Prepare Pasta de Puglia according to package.
3. Meanwhile, in a large sauce pan heat Chili Pepper Olive Oil until shimmering. Add Arrabbiata Herb Mix and sauté for 5 minutes. Add the remaining 1/2 cup warm water and 1/4 cup wine of broth, simmer for 3 minutes.
4. Add rehydrated Bruschetta Originale and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
5. Add shrimp and cook until slightly opaque and have curled into the letter “C” shape.
6. Add cooked Pasta de Puglia stirring to coat with sauce and distribute shrimp.
7. Transfer to warm serving platter.
Serve with grated Parmesan and garnish with chopped parsley.
Prep: (10 mins)
Overall: (30 mins)