MomStart is a member of the Netflix StreamTeam.
My daughter and I watched the entire Gilmore Girls series this last summer, she loved it. She loved watching Rory grow up, do well in school and go off to college. I think she also loved watching the relationship between Rory and Lorelai as it changed. One thing we talked about often was not lying and how as a mom and daughter they would have saved each other a lot of heartache by always just telling the truth. But whatever the outcome they always ended up back together and best friends forever which is something I hope to always have with her.
Now let’s lighten up a bit for a minute…
On the Gilmore Girls those two ate all kinds of food (Zoe was always asking if I would add marshmallows to her cereal thanks to this show) and they always had coffee. Luke’s Diner was where Lorelai almost always got her coffee…..Yes they always had plain coffee but to celebrate Gilmore Girls returning to Netflix in Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life we decided to make a fun coffee recipe. We created this Chocolate Peppermint Coffee.
Chocolate Peppermint Coffee
· Chocolate Peppermint Candy
· 1 Package Hot Cocoa
· 12 Ounces Hot Coffee
· Spray Whip Cream
1. Begin by filling your mug with about 6 ounces of your hot coffee.
2. Drop about 5 chocolate peppermint candies (I used chocolate and peppermint kisses) and let them sit for a couple of minutes.
3. Stir the mixture thoroughly.
4. Add your hot cocoa packet to the mixture and then pour the rest of your coffee into the cup.
5. Mix well.
6. Add whip cream to the top by starting on the edge and going in a circular motion, fill the top with whip cream until you’ve made it to the middle. Once you’ve made it to the middle, allow it to pile up a bit in the middle.
7. Wait about 5 minutes and the middle of the whip cream will begin to sink making the pretty streams on the side while also making the whip cream appear to be in a flowery shape.
My daughter and I will be spending Friday November 25th watching all four episodes of Gilmore Girls: A Year in The Life. We are hoping to see Rory end up with one of the guys in her life.