Clorox wants to help you Say Boo To the Flu. With the CDC predicting a very bad flu season everyone seems to be on high alert. My kids doctor has been out of flu shots. I’m going to need to find some, but they have to have the infant one so it’s not like I can just go anywhere.
Families Fighting Flu (a group of parents who have lost a child to the flu), Visiting Nurse Associations of America and Clorox have teamed up yet again to help families Say “Boo!” to the Flu and help keep flu prevention as simple as possible
Say BOO To The Flu
On the site parents can find:
- A vaccination event in their area using the interactive map (the map will be updated with event information, photos and statistics).
- Up-to-the minute CDC flu news.
- Flu prevention steps and family activities.
- Video commentary from moms, health experts and kids about the flu.
- Say “Boo!” to the Flu downloadable posters and brochures.
Flu Prevention Steps
Vaccination is the first step in flu prevention. However, even after receiving both flu vaccinations, people should take simple steps to help prevent the spread of the seasonal and H1N1 flu viruses in their homes:
- · Wash Hands Frequently: Wash hands with warm water and soap for at least 20 seconds (the time it takes to sing the “Happy Birthday” song twice).
- · Disinfect Germ Hot Spots: Disinfect the surfaces kids touch most frequently – like doorknobs, faucets or plastic toys.
- · Do the Elbow Cough: Cough and sneeze into your elbow instead of your hands to help prevent the spread of germs from touch.
- · Follow Good Health Guidelines: Eat right, exercise and get plenty of sleep to help boost your body’s ability to fight the effects of colds and the flu.
Enter to Win:
A Bag of goodies
Two packages of Clorox To Go Wipes
I’ve had my flu shot have you?
Sign up to take the pledge. You can use the widget above.
Vote for me for 5 extra entries
Non-bloggers get an extra entry for every e-mail they send out linking to this giveaway cc email@example.com (be sure to leave a comment for every person you e-mail, for example if you e-mail 10 different people leave 10 different comments)
Subscribe to my blog
Follow me on twitter tell me your twitter ID
Blog about the giveaway include a link to me for 10 extra entries
Tweet the giveaway (every time you tweet you get an entry) Link to the giveaway please!!!
Add my button to your blog/blog roll 10 extra points if it is on your homepage
Dig, Stumble, or fav me on Technorati (two entries for each one)
Comment on any other post and come back here and tell me you did.
Leave a comment for every entry
The contest will run until October 26th 11:59 pm Pacific. The winner will be selected by www.random.org