I came home from traveling for three weeks and my husband came home with enough groceries to cook dinner for three days. On one of those days he made Sausage Spaghetti (Farfalle not spaghetti) and a really great home made Red Wine tomato sauce. We used Holland House Cooking Wine for this recipe, Check the Holland House Facebook page for more ways to use cooking wine.
Sausage Farfalle with Red Wine Sundried Tomato Sauce Recipe
A quick and hearty meal guaranteed to brighten any weeknight dining table!
1 28-ounce can whole tomatoes, with juices
6 ounces sun-dried tomatoes packed in olive oil
4 cloves garlic, chopped
½ Holland House Marsala cooking wine
1 teaspoon Oregano
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound ground sausage
Kosher salt and pepper
¼ bunch basil, chopped, 2 tablespoons reserved for garnish
4 cups farfalle, cooked
Parmesan cheese, grated as garnish
1. Using the Ninja, Place tomatoes with juice, sun-dried tomatoes, red wine and Oregano into the 72 ounce Pitcher fitted with the Bottom Blades only. Secure the lid.
2. Select Speed 1 and flip the switch to START. Process until chunky smooth.
3. Heat oil over medium heat and garlic until softened. Add ground sausage and cook while breaking up with the back of a spoon until done.
4. Stir in tomato sauce from blender, basil, salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until thickened, about 20 minutes.
5. Serve sauce ladled over pasta, garnished with basil and cheese.
Check out the Holland House Facebook page for more information about the Holland House. Like the NAKANO Facebook page for more information on the Nakano products and make a splash of your own. Momstart is a Mizkan ambassador.