Sausage and Pepper Pasta: St. Patrick’s Day is all about hearty, filling meals. Create a satisfying, yet nutritious meal for family and friends with this Sausage and Pepper Pasta that includes Hormel® Natural Choice® spinach asiago chicken sausage and your favorite pasta sauce. Use your favorite pasta sauce in this great-tasting dish featuring Hormel® Natural Choice® sausage.
Sausage and Pepper Pasta Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups thinly sliced assorted bell peppers
- 1 small red onion, cut in half and thinly sliced into wedges
- 1 (12-ounce) package Hormel® Natural Choice® Spinach Asiago Chicken Sausage, sliced diagonally into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 (24-ounce) jar pasta sauce
- 1 pound rigatoni
- Freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- In large skillet, heat oil. Add bell peppers and onion; sauté 5 to 7 minutes or until softened. Remove to plate.
- Add sausage to skillet; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Return sautéed vegetables to skillet. Stir in pasta sauce. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until heated thoroughly.
- Meanwhile, cook rigatoni according to package directions; drain. Top with sauce. Serve with cheese, if desired.
I’m a Hormel Family Blogger and receive samples.