I’m a Truvia Brand Ambassador and compensated for my time this recipe and photo is from their website you can find many great Truvia inspired recipes there.
I have a few bananas here that are about to go bad which is why I made the smoothie a few days ago. The kids haven’t show much interest in eating them lately so I think it’s time to throw them into some banana bread. That or maybe I could make some cream cheese banana goodness. I think I’ll start with banana bread and then try some cream cheese mixture. I found this Reduced-Sugar Banana Bread recipe at Truvia.com. It’s a moist and delicious classic for the entire family! This reduced-sugar banana bread contains 20% fewer calories and 60% less sugar than the full-sugar version.
Reduced-Sugar Banana Bread Recipe
- 11⁄4 cup flour
- 31⁄2 Tbsp Truvía® natural sweetener spoonable*
- 4 Tbsp sugar
- 1⁄2 tsp baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp baking soda
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 3⁄4 cup (about 2 medium) very ripe bananas; mashed
- 1⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄3 cup butter; melted and cooled
- 1⁄2 tsp vanilla extract
- non-stick cooking spray
- *or 12 packets Truvía® natural sweetener
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray 9x5x3 inch loaf pan with non-stick spray.
- Whisk together the flour, Truvía® natural sweetener, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Mix the mashed bananas, buttermilk, egg, butter and vanilla in a medium bowl.
- Lightly fold the banana mixture into the dry ingredients until just combined. The batter will be thick and chunky. Do not over-mix or your loaf will be small and tough.
- Scrape the batter into the loaf pan. Bake about 55 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes; transfer to wire rack.
You can find more great recipes using Truvia at Truvia.com.