Summer is just around the corner and we’re super excited to get started with some fun summer recipes. We have these fun do it yourself red white and blue fruit cups. These are super easy because they are “semi” homemade. We’re just adding to store bought fruit cups, but I’m sure they would be easy to make from scratch. For example, use strawberries. Cut up some strawberries into squares and then add a little sugar. If you squish them a bit the juice and sugar will make a tiny amount of syrup. Then put the strawberries into a cup and top with whipped cream. YUM!!!
Red White and Blue Fruit Cups Recipe
2 Tablespoons Powdered Sugar
Red Food Coloring
Blue Food Coloring
1. In a bowl, place your whip cream. Put 2-3 drops of red food coloring one side of the bowl and do
the same with the blue food coloring on the other side of the bowl.
2. Using a spoon or mixer, mix the whip cream quickly only for about a couple of seconds so your
mixture doesn’t turn purple.
3. Next, take your fruit cups and place the whip cream on top so that it is slightly overflowing. (We
used Dole grapefruit cups.)
4. In a separate bowl, place your powdered sugar and 2-4 drops of blue food coloring. Mix
together until coloring has completely mixed into the sugar and made it slightly clumpy.
5. Sprinkle on top of your fruit cup and enjoy!