Last weekend, Jai and I tried Tony Roma’s Sweet & Spicy Pulled Pork for the first time. It was ready in just a few minutes in the microwave, and was great served over rice with a cold beer as we watched UFC Fight Night – an appropriate snack for sports, right? It really brought the heat, so I know it would be great with tacos. I love pineapple salsa so I’ll have to try this sometime:
Sweet & Spicy Pulled Pork Tacos with Grilled Pineapple Salsa
Recipe courtesy Tony Roma’s Pitmaster Team
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) of Tony Roma’s Sweet & Spicy Pulled Pork
- 12 corn tortillas
- 4 slices peeled fresh pineapple, cut about 1/4 inch thick
- 1 small poblano pepper, halved and seeded
- 1/2 red onion, cut into thin slices
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 cup iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 juicy lime
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat grill to medium-high (about 450°-500°F) and lightly oil the grate.
- Grill pineapple, peppers and onions for 4-5 minutes per side until lightly charred and tender.
- Remove from grill and allow to cool slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Dice the grilled pineapple, peppers and onions and place in a medium bowl.
- Add chopped jalapeno and cilantro and season with a big squeeze of fresh lime juice and a drizzling of olive oil.
- Season salsa with salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
- Heat Tony Roma’s Pulled Pork as per package instructions.
- Place desired amount of heated meat in each tortilla.
- Top with grilled pineapple salsa, lettuce and cheese.