This tasty meal idea from Ling Ling is making me hungry!
Scallion Pancake Over-Stuffed Tacos
Recipe by: Chef Jake Fisher, Ling Ling
Frozen LING LING® Chicken & Vegetable, Pork & Vegetable or Vegetable Potstickers – 20 Potstickers
White Flour 2 Cups
Warm Water 1 Cup
Pre-mixed Cabbage Slaw 3 Cups
Rice Wine Vinegar ¼ Cup
Teriyaki Sauce 1 Tablespoon
Soy Sauce 1 ½ Tablespoons
Water 1 ½ Cups
Salt ¼ Cup
Sugar ¼ Cup
Sliced Red Onion 1 Cup
Mayonnaise ½ Cup
Sweet Chili Sauce ¼ Cup
Thinly Sliced Scallions (green part only) 1 Cup
Cooking Oil 1 Tablespoon
Kosher Salt (as needed)
Extra Cooking Oil (as needed)
Extra Flour (as needed)
1. Mix flour and warm water in a bowl until it forms smooth dough, then knead on a floured surface by doubling the dough over and pressing it down repeatedly, until the dough is even smoother and very elastic.
2. Coat the dough lightly in the extra canola oil, then put back in the bowl, cover with a damp cloth and let rest 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, combine cabbage slaw, vinegar, teriyaki and soy sauce in a bowl, mix to combine and then set aside.
4. Bring the water, salt, and sugar to a boil and then simmer the onions 1 minute. Remove from heat, transfer to a container and chill the pickled onions.
5. Prepare the potstickers according to package directions, following the Easy One Pan Prep directions.
6. Combine mayonnaise and sweet chili sauce in a small bowl, transfer to four small bowls and set aside.
7. On a floured surface, roll out dough into a thin rectangle, brush lightly with canola oil, and sprinkle with scallions and a pinch of salt.
8. Roll the dough into a spiral (like a long cinnamon roll) slice into eight equal parts. Roll each slice into a ball by hand, then roll out into 8 5-6 inch pancakes.
9. In a non-stick pan over medium-high heat, sear pancakes individually in cooking oil until golden brown, then transfer to a paper towel. Blot dry.
10. Serve each pancake with LING LING® Potstickers, a side of slaw, pickled onions, and a dipping cup of sweet chili mayonnaise and assemble to eat like over-stuffed tacos.
Serving size: 4 Prep time: 45 minutes