You may have seen the trend of making lunch foods ahead of time in a jar. This makes it easy to prepare meals in advance, so they’re ready to grab from the fridge when you head out to work or other activities. If you’d like to give it a try, here’s a great “Salad in a jar” from Starkist:
Hungry Girl’s Fruit ‘n Feta Tuna Salad in a Jar
Recipe courtesy Starkist.
· 1 (2.6 oz.) Pouch StarKist Tuna Creations® Ranch
· 3⁄4 oz. (about 1 1⁄2 Tbsp.) chopped avocado
· 1⁄2 tsp. lemon juice
· 1⁄2 cup sliced strawberries
· 1⁄2 cup chopped cucumber
· 2 Tbsp. light raspberry vinaigrette dressing
· 2 Tbsp. crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
· 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
1. In a small bowl, toss avocado with lemon juice.
2. In a 1 qt. wide-mouth mason jar, combine strawberries, cucumber, and dressing; stir to mix and coat. Top with feta cheese, avocado, and lettuce.
3. Cover and refrigerate.
4. When you’re ready to eat, give the jar a shake. Flip contents into a medium-large bowl; flake tuna, and add to the salad. (Or just add flaked tuna to the jar, and grab a fork!)