As the weather warms up, it’s a perfect time to start thinking about backyard barbecues! One of the things I love about grilling is how easy it is, and that’s why I’m now a fan of Tony Roma’s, too! Jai and I tried the Hickory Boneless Ribs used in this recipe last night, and they heated up in the microwave in just minutes, giving us tender, delicious ribs. Yum!! I love the idea of putting them on skewers with veggies:
Garden Grilled Vegetable Skewers
Recipe courtesy Tony Roma’s Pitmaster Team
- 6 wooden skewers 10 inches in length, pre-soaked in cold water for 1 hour
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) of Tony Roma’s Sweet Hickory Boneless Ribs
- 1 large white onion
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 2 zucchini
- 12 crimini mushrooms
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- Preheat grill to medium high (about 450-500 F°) and lightly oil the grate.
- Cut the ribs, onion, pepper, zucchini and mushrooms into uniform slices, about 1 ½ inches thick.
- Thread onto pre-soaked wooden skewers, alternating vegetables and meat.Drizzle with layer of olive oil.
- Grill for 12-15 minutes, until the vegetables and meat are lightly charred and tender.
- Remove from grill and serve immediately.
Makes 6 skewers