I can’t believe that a few months ago I was on the Disney lot learning all about Ralph Breaks the Internet. We spoke with so many different people and found out that Ralph Breaks the Internet is the 57th feature from Disney Animation. I mean can you believe that the Disney Animation studio is 95 years old this year? It’s such a legacy that we are proud to be part of.
3. In addition to Ralph, Vanellope, Felix and Calhoun there is a new character named YESSS. YESSS is an aglorithm who has a knack for knowing what the next big thing is and runs Buzztube. She is going to be a big part of the story between Vanellope and Ralph as they discover the internet. YESS is played by Taraji P. Henson.
4. YESSS’ hair will change as the trends change.
5. There is actually a building in LA that houses all of the connections for any and all internet communications for all of North America and they went there for research. They found wires and more wires and boxes/servers and it was a huge inspiration to the overall look of the world Ralph and Vanellope visit.
6. The internet was created from all the different parts of the internet that we know and use, shopping websites, social media, financial and each becomes a distract in the “city”. Then of course they needed citizens too. There are two basic types, Net users, Netizens are you and me. They are “users” and have an avatar. Then you also will have the city citizens that help the users.
7. Ralph and Vanellope travel to the internet in search of Ebay. Her game steering wheel has broken and the cost of a replacement is much more than her game makes in an entire year. Mr. Litwack unplugs her game making her homeless.
8. YESSS helps Ralph and Vanellope make money to buy the steering wheel by having Ralph create videos that go viral. And I’m sensing that she might be the conflict between our two main characters as well. We shall see how that unfolds. We were told that, “While Ralph is celebrating his success at Buzztube Headquarters, he walks into a room and makes a discovery.” and “YESSS sends Vanellope to a fan site to market Ralph’s videos in order to get as many likes as possible. And she sends her to one of the biggest fan sites in the world, a place called OhMyDisney.com.
9. Ralph is going to learn even more about friendship. Remember, our hero here hasn’t had a friend like Vanellope because for 30 years he has been ostracized as the bad guy. I’m sure he’s going to face some new friendship challenges.
10. The internet is full of real companies and fake companies. If you look in the background you will see so many details in every scene. It’s supposed to feel like a real place.
BONUS: The princess video…..
It was another one where we were like, let’s try this and hope we can pull it off and we got full support to do it, push as hard as we could and make it funny, and silly, but also, deeply respectful for those characters.
Ralph Breaks the Internet is in theaters November 21st.