Next week, I will be participating in Chevy Shop Social: Portland, a fantastic event that will take place in Pioneer Courthouse Square. Chevrolet has enlisted 15 local bloggers to shop for great locally made products which will be raffled off as a fundraiser for Doernbecher Children’s Hospital. Raffle tickets are just $2 each, with bundles of 12 tickets available for $10, or 15 tickets for $20. All proceeds go to Doernbecher, so you can enter to win an amazing prize while supporting an amazing cause!
The event will be MC’d by KGW’s Cathy Marshall and will also feature live music, food trucks and local brews. The fun starts at 6:00 PM on Thursday, May 21st – click here to get all the details!
Chevrolet lent me a hot set of wheels to use while I shopped for my raffle items: A 2015 Camaro 2SS Convertible. This was my first choice to test drive, because I have a soft spot for Camaros. When I first met Jai, he was driving a classic 1980 Camaro, and it ended up being the very first car I ever drove. We have very fond memories of that car, so we couldn’t wait to drive the brand new 2015 model!
This car is a beauty and a true joy to drive! It has such smooth handling – it was so fun to roll down the top and cruise around town as we hit up the shops. We got a lot of compliments and waves from admiring strangers!
Our shopping trip was a big success – the gift basket I put together has a retail value of $547.74 and includes an array of amazing prizes:
Girl’s Day Out Gift Basket
The perfect bundle for having a great “Ladies’ night” get-together with your girlfriends!
- Eastside Distilling Prize Pack: Our friends at Eastside Distilling not only make fabulous spirits, but they are also dedicated to supporting the local community. We are grateful for their generous donation to our raffle! The winner of this gift basket will be receiving 1 bottle of Burnside Bourbon, 1 bottle of Oregon Marionberry Whiskey, 1 bottle of Below Deck Coffee Rum, a super fun flask shaped like a 1980 video game cartridge, a cool t-shirt in size large, and a $250 private party gift certificate – time for a cocktail party with the girls! Value: $347.75
- Handcrafted necklace from Kimberly Allyson Originals: You’ll want to get glammed up for your fab cocktail party, so this beautiful necklace will be just the ticket! Astoria artisan (And my wonderful aunt) Kim Raichl sells beautiful jewelry through her Etsy shop and donates a portion of her jewelry sales to local Youth Group programs as well as supporting our cause with this kind donation! Value: $30
- Pacific Pie Co. Gift Card: After you enjoy your cocktails, you can grab a delicious bite to eat at Pacific Pie Co. with this gift card! You can enjoy a slice of sweet or savory pie, or explore the rest of their yummy menu…om nom nom! Value: $100
- Powell’s Books Gift Card: When I crowdsourced prize suggestions on social media, the #1 recommendation was a gift card to Powell’s Books! My girlfriends and I love to come here when we’re having a shopping day, so it was a no-brainer for this gift basket! Value: $50
- Fifty Shades of Grey Blu-Ray & DVD Combo Pack: Just the thing for movie night! Value: $19.99
This is just one of 15 amazing gift baskets that will be raffles off, so you will not want to miss this event! Join us next Thursday and snag some raffle tickets for your chance to win while helping a fabulous cause.