Here is a refreshing sweet-and-savory summer salad from this month’s issue of Women’s Health Magazine:
- 2 cups balsamic vinegar
- 4 Tbsp honey
- 8 plums, pitted and sliced into 8 pieces each
- ½ cup fresh basil
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- Combine balsamic vinegar and honey in a saucepan and bring to a low boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes, until the vinegar thickens into a syrup.
- Layer plum slices, basil, and mozzarella in a circle on a plate.
- Drizzle with vinega honey glaze and serve.