Disneyland and Disneyworld are always innovating and bringing in their movie characters into the parks. One thing the Disney imagineers noticed was that Pixar was lacking in appearance at the park, so that had to be rectified. To do this, Disneyland is going to be making changes to California Adventures and hosting Pixar Fest for the entire summer and it started today…
We sat down with part of the Disneyland team including Production Manager Krista Sheffler, Creative Director Tasha Sounart and Production Manager Heidi Holman and learned about what’s going on to bring Pixar into the parks.
Their goal is to make the parks and resorts feel lifelike and authentic and faithful way and that includes all things Pixar. It will be full of festive events all summer long, the Pixar Play Parade is moving to Disneyland instead of California Adventures. And they are adding an Up Float and an Inside Out float.
There will be a new Pixar themed fireworks show. It will feature segments of Pixar films, and you’ll be amazed if you haven’t seen how amazing the fireworks show is now that it also projects onto the buildings in the park in different areas.
Debuting with Pixar Fest on April 13, 2018, “Together Forever – A Pixar Nighttime Spectacular” will celebrate Pixar stories as it lights up the sky over Disneyland Park. Along with dazzling pyrotechnics and memorable music, a heartwarming story celebrates the theme of friendship, an ever-present concept in Pixar animation, connecting guests with characters they’ve come to know and love. “Together Forever” comes to life through projections on iconic park locations: Sleeping Beauty Castle, the water screens of the Rivers of America, the façade of “it’s a small world” and the buildings of Main Street, U.S.A. (Joshua Sudock/Disneyland Resort)
Included will be Cars, Toys Story, Wall-E Cocoa, and Incredibles, and they are adding reflections on the Fantasmic water with some Fantasmic in it. I wish I was going to see it, but not sure I can fit in a trip to Disneyland this summer.
In June there will be a new Incredibles Float in the Paint the night Parade and it’s moving to California Adventures. So look out for lots of things shuffling around the park to get in as much Pixarfest as possible.
Fun new things in Carsland include lots of new merchandise and new food. Oh we sure do love to eat at Disneyland.
“Up” on Main Street U.S.A.
- The fried bologna sandwich at Carnation Café
- The pork chop dinner, reminiscent of Carl’s TV dinners, with a spiced apple pork chop, cornbread, peas and carrots, and a chocolate cake dessert at Carnation Café
- Specialty Éclair at Jolly Holiday Bakery Café
- Frozen “Grape Soda” slush at Cappo Cart
“Coco” in Frontierland
- “Coco”-inspired menu items at Rancho Del Zocalo include a Mexican chocolate pot de crème, topped with a Miguel chocolate
- Coco Churro with rich chocolate powder, vanilla bean and salted cinnamon sugar is served with a spiced, Mexican chocolate dipping sauce
“Toy Story” in Frontierland
- Root beer float served in a souvenir Woody boot at Golden Horseshoe Saloon (guests will want to check the bottom of the boot for a “Toy Story” memory)
- Berry funnel cake, topped with blueberries, strawberries, cookie-and-cream crumbles, crème anglaise, white chocolate and gold-dusted whipped cream at Stage Door Café
- Cinnamon pretzel at Frontierland Pretzel Cart
“Toy Story” in Tomorrowland
- Redd Rockett’s Pizza Port transforms into Alien Pizza Planet, featuring new Alien-inspired items, including a hearty cheeseburger pizza topped with cheese, caramelized onions, diced tomatoes, slider patties, a house-made burger sauce, and pickles.
“Ratatouille” in New Orleans Square
- A three-course dinner inspired by the little chef, Remy, served at Café Orleans. The dinner features a charcuterie plate starter, Ratatouille a Confit Byaldi Shrimp dish entrée and berry and cheese beignets served a la mode.
Disney California Adventure
- Chilled noodle salad features color-changing noodles with mint, Thai basil, shredded daikon and tofu at Lucky Fortune Cookery (special sauce activates the new color)
- Mike Wazowski-shaped sourdough bread at Pacific Wharf Café
- Mint chip smoothie and whoopie pie at Schmoozies
- “Coco”-inspired menu at Paradise Garden Grill, in the Pixar Pals area, with mole verde con pollo, tacos de estilo callejero, a Jamaica slush and “Coco” tres leches parfait
- Also featured at Paradise Garden Grill is a Mexican cinnamon-spiced hot chocolate served in a souvenir “Coco” jarrita
- A new menu at Flo’s V8 Café for Pixar Fest features items such as a classic cheeseburger, turkey club sandwich, cobb salad, fried chicken plate and more.
- Habanero meatball cone at Cozy Cone Motel
Guests may look forward to even more Pixar-inspired food and beverage items, at both parks and the three hotels of the Disneyland Resort, just in time for the opening of Pixar Pier, June 23, 2018.
Toy Story Land will open June 30th 2018 in Disney Hollywood Studios. You will be brought into a toys eye view. Slinky Dog Dash is huge. Toy Story Mania will have an extra track.
Pixar Pier is opening June 23rd and it’s going to be amazing. They are re-doing the Pier. There will be a brand new entrance, The Lamp Light lounge. They will keep the lobster nachos and add some other really great things.
And don’t forget that Disney’s Incredibles 2 will be in theaters June 15th.
Like INCREDIBLES 2 on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PixarTheIncredibles/
Follow INCREDIBLES 2 on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheIncredibles
Follow INCREDIBLES 2 on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/theincredibles/
Visit the official INCREDIBLES 2 website here: http://disney.com/incredibles2