Meliá Caribe Tropical resort is sharing another delicious recipe from their luxury restaurant, The Level: Pescado con Coco, a grouper fillet covered in coconut sauce.
Pescado con Coco
Recipe courtesy Meliá Caribe Tropical
3 Lbs grouper fillet
1 Milliliter coconut milk (canned)
1 Milliliter cream
6 ounces tomato paste
3 ounces white onion
14 ounces olive oil
2 ounces garlic
6 ounces white wine
3 ounces lime juice
1 ounce ground pepper
12 ounces butter
5 ounces flour
0.5 ounces oregano
1 dried coconut (optional)
1. Fillet grouper into 8-ounce portions; season with salt, pepper, garlic, olive oil, oregano and lime juice.
2. Grill grouper about 2 minutes on each side until is medium cooked. Remove from iron and set aside until coconut sauce is ready.
3. Slice coconut into small portions, blend with a small amount of water; extract the coconut milk using a strainer or a fine clean piece of clothing, discard solids.
4. Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat, sauté onions and garlic until onion has softened and turned translucent, add tomato paste, flour, coconut milk, cream and fresh coconut milk (optional), whisk until all ingredients are blended, season with salt and pepper, and stir. Add white wine and reduce slightly. When the sauce has the desired consistency, arrange grouper fillets into saucepan and finish cooking.
5. Serve with rice or your preferred side dish.