I know this is going to sound crazy, I was looking on-line and things to buy at ProFlowers.com and I found some cupcakes to buy. It’s a review for my blog, I was surprised that they had things other than flowers and I thought of some people I could give them to. As soon as I hit purchase I was hit with this uncontrollable urge to bake. I didn’t know what to bake so I asked my husband what he was in the mood for and he said peanut butter so I created this recipe. YUM! They were oozing with chocolate.
Peanut Butter Truffle Surprise Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup peanut butter (crunchy or smooth)
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 18 Chocolate truffles
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Add the peanut butter and combine with a pastry cutter or 2 forks until it has reached a coarse, crumbly texture. Stir in the milk, egg, and butter.
- Coat a nonstick muffin pan with cooking spray. Fill each muffin cup about 3/4 full with batter. Evenly sprinkle some chopped peanuts over each.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.