We had brown bananas for and I asked my son. “Why do bananas turn brown?” He responded, “So we can have banana bread mommy!” And I was craving banana bread anyway, so being the spontaneous person that I am I had to find a way to make them different. While searching for a recipe, I found a recipe on Crisco.com for Peanut Butter Banana Bread and we gave it a try. I loved it, DH said no, kids agreed with me. Here is the recipe we used
Peanut Butter Banana Bread Recipe:
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 to 3 medium)
- 3/4 cup Jif® Omega-3 Creamy Peanut Butter
- OR 3/4 cup Jif® Crunchy Reduced Fat Peanut Butter Spread
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Pure Canola Oil
- 1 large egg
HEAT oven to 350ºF.
Spray a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan with no-stick cooking spray.
COMBINE flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Add banana, peanut spread, milk, oil and egg. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer, scraping sides and bottom of bowl. Mix just until blended. Pour into prepared pan.
BAKE 60 to 65 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. (Cover top loosely with foil after 45 minutes to prevent over-browning.)
COOL 10 minutes in pan. Remove to cooling rack.