To celebrate the origami magic featured in the upcoming Kubo and the Two Strings, we’re sharing this fun and easy paper bird craft inspired by the film!
DIY Paper Bird
Sheet of Paper
1. Begin by making your piece of paper square by using the scissors.
2. Fold your square in half to make a triangle.
3. Fold the triangle in half by making both bottom corners meet. Once you have folded this, unfold it so there is a crease. You should be back to a triangle.
4. Take the top of your triangle and fold it down so that the tip is about half an inch past the bottom of the triangle.
5. Fold this in half.
6. There should be what looks like a mini triangle sticking out of the side. At the top of this, fold each side down and then bring them about halfway up. This makes the wings.
7. Have fun flying your bird!
Kubo and the Two Strings opens on August 19th.