I received the Pantech Discover Phone with Drive Mode from AT&T to review and my opinions are my own. And It takes the most amazing photos. Look at this one I captured while moving on a horse.
I’ve been using this phone for four weeks now I think, maybe even six and it’s had great service in all the places I’ve been traveling to. I use it for instagram, twitter, and facebook while also texting and calling my husband. I just broke my regular phone so this one became my backup and works great. I love the screen and all it’s features. Since reading phone reviews might get old, we’re covering the Pantech Discover as a phone you can use to protect your teens and children.
Pantech Discover Phone with Drive Mode
The Pantech Discover is the first AT&T smartphone designed to help prevent texting while driving. The DriveMode service is a part of AT&T’s nationwide It Can Wait campaign aimed at educating all wireless users – particularly teen drivers – on a simple yet vital message: When it comes to texting and driving, no text is worth a life or injury. It can wait. We want to stigmatize the texting and driving issue and make it as unacceptable as drinking and driving, and have continued with our national push to stop texting and driving. More than 1 million pledges – and counting – have been logged never to text and drive as a result of AT&T’s “It Can Wait” campaign.
Texting and driving can be a deadly combination. Texting drivers are 23X more likely to be in an accident. In fact, a car crashes once every five minutes, on average, while a driver is texting. A new commuter poll from AT&T shows that:
• They know texting while driving is unsafe: 95% said reading an incoming text or email while driving is unsafe, and 98% said sending a text or email while driving is unsafe.
• But more of them are doing it: Six in 10 (59%) said they never texted/emailed while driving three years ago. Only five in 10 (51%) said they never text and drive now.
• Many of them say texting/emailing while driving has become a habit: One third (32%) of the commuters who text and drive said it was a habit.
More Children’s Safety Features:
· Purchase Blocker is a free tool from AT&T that helps families manage mobile bills by blocking premium content purchases like games and apps that are direct-billed to individuals’ AT&T accounts.
· AT&T FamilyMap helps parents by allowing them to locate their children’s mobile device on a map.
· AT&T Smart Limits for Wireless℠ helps families manage the types of purchases made from the mobile device, texting and data usage, and time-of-day use restrictions.
About the Phone
Available for $49.99 with a two-year agreement in all AT&T channels, the Pantech Discover smartphone is preloaded with AT&T DriveMode and can be set-up to automatically send a customizable reply to incoming messages once a vehicle starts moving 25 mph. The auto-reply message is similar to an “out-of-office alert” and can reply to texts, emails and wireless callers letting your friends know that you are driving and unable to respond. The app will automatically send all calls directly to voicemail; however, the user has the option to create an “allow list” or it can also be turned off manually at any time if the user needs to make a call immediately.