Today we are still partnering with FamilyFun Magazine and sharing another great recipe. Today’s recipe is an Orange-Soy Ginger Beef that you can find on their website or in one of their magazines. I love their website.
- 3 lbs. boneless beef chuck, cubed
- 2 bell peppers, cut into ½-inch-thick slices
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- ¼ cup orange marmalade
- 3 Tbs. low-sodium soy sauce
- 4 large minced garlic cloves
- 1 Tbs. dark sesame oil
- ½ cup thinly sliced scallions, divided
- ¼ cup plus 2 Tbs. chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 2 tsp. finely grated fresh ginger
- ¼ tsp. hot pepper flakes (optional)
- 3 Tbs. all-purpose flour
- Cooked brown rice, for serving
- Add beef and peppers to a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker. Stir together hoisin sauce, orange juice, marmalade, soy sauce, garlic, sesame oil, ¼ cup scallions, ¼ cup cilantro, ginger, and hot pepper flakes (if using). Pour over beef and peppers; mix. Cover and cook until meat is tender, on high for 5 to 6 hours or low for 6 to 7 hours. Remove lid and skim fat. Transfer 1 cup liquid to a bowl; whisk in flour until smooth. Stir into slow cooker until combined. Cover with lid and cook on high for 30 minutes more or until slightly thickened.
- Serve on top of rice. Garnish with remaining scallions and cilantro.
- PER SERVING 312 CALORIES; 39g PROTEIN; 9g FAT (3g SAT. FAT); 16g CARBS; 1g FIBER; 10g SUGAR; 470mg SODIUM