There is nothing better than a warm summer night, a full moon, and a campfire – as long as you have marshmallows, graham crackers and chocolate to go with it! Now, I am not a huge outdoors girl, nor have I been camping in almost five years. BUT, I do love s’mores.
A few weeks ago, my husband posted a picture on my Facebook of a delectable treat of an open faced s’more using Nature Valley Granola Thins, and there lies my inspiration. I knew that I needed to try this recipe out ASAP because s’mores are a summer must have! My favorite part of this treat? It is absolutely the easiest special snack to make. It’s fairly cheap too, since there are only two ingredients! Not to mention, even if you enjoy two of these open-faced s’mores, you’re only eating a total of 210 calories! This is definitely a healthy alternative to the summer favorite as the Nature Valley Granola, which are also delicious on their own, are made with dark chocolate and whole grain oats.
Open-Faced S’mores Recipe
– Nature Valley Granola Thins: Dark Chocolate
– First, you’ll need to turn your oven to 350 degrees.
– Next, unwrap the Nature Valley Granola Thins and place them on the cookie sheet.
– Then, place one marshmallow on each granola thin. Put them in the oven for approximately 5 minutes.
– For the golden brown crisp on the marshmallow that we all love so much, turn the oven to broil for approximately two minutes after they are finished baking.
– Finally, take them out of the oven and enjoy—with a glass of milk of course.
I hope you will try this delicious and simple treat to satisfy your summer cravings. Of course, you don’t have to stop with the marshmallows. Sometimes you can add peanut butter, M&Ms, or other toppings to your s’mores.
What is your favorite way to eat s’mores?
About Savannah – Savannah is a newly graduated, newlywed setting out into the world of teaching. While she doesn’t have any of her own kids yet, she loves to spoil/play with/love on her nephew and all of the kids that she helps take care of. Follow her @savvyylayne .