Today Tony Roma’s Ribs is sharing a delicious sandwich recipe:
Open-faced Pulled Pork Mac and Cheese Sandwich
Recipe courtesy Tony Roma’s Ribs.
8 slices Texas Toast
4 cups prepared macaroni and cheese, warmed
2 large onions, thinly sliced
8 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
1 tsp. Kosher salt
1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
8 slices gouda cheese
8 slices sharp cheddar cheese
1 pkg. (2 cups) Tony Roma’s BBQ Pulled Pork
1 cup barbecue sauce
1. Preheat grill to medium-high, about 400°-450°F, and lightly oil the grate.
2. Place sliced onions into a 6-inch square piece of tin foil, drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper, to taste. Close foil around onion slices.
3. Set foil packets on lower rack of a gas grill or directly on top of hot coals on a charcoal grill. Cook for 30-35 minutes. While waiting for the onions to caramelize, heat Tony Roma’s Pulled Pork as per package instructions.
4. Butter both sides of each slice of toast. Layer each with one slice of cheddar cheese, ¼ cup macaroni and cheese, ¼ cup pulled pork, ¼ cup caramelized onions, and one slice of Gouda cheese.
5. Working in batches of four, cook the sandwiches until the cheese melts and the bread is golden, about 5 minutes.
6. Drizzle with barbeque sauce and enjoy!
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 40 minutes | Total time: 50 minutes
Yield: 8 servings