Recipe number four from Country Crock.
It’s a summer to remember when you have shortcake. Bake It Out (Old-Fashioned Berry Shortcakes) – A remix of “Shake It Out” by Florence and the Machine – These shortcakes will leave you with no regrets.
Old Fashioned Berry Shortcakes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup PLUS 1 Tbsp. granulated sugar, divided
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup Country Crock® Spread
- 1/2 cup PLUS 2 Tbsp. milk
- 3 cups thickly sliced strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 4 Tbsp. granulated sugar, divided
- 2 cups (1 pint) heavy cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- For biscuits, preheat oven to 375°. Spray baking sheets with no-stick spray. Whisk together flour, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Cut in Country Crock® Spread with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture is size of small peas. Drizzle in milk and toss with a fork until soft dough forms.
- Drop mixture into 8 mounds, 2-inches apart, onto prepared baking sheets. Sprinkle tops with remaining 1 tablespoon sugar. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until bottoms are golden and toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.
- Meanwhile, to make Filling/Topping, toss strawberries and blueberries with 2 tablespoons sugar in medium bowl; set aside tossing occasionally, until juicy, about 20 minutes.
- Beat cream, remaining 2 tablespoons sugar and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- To serve, split biscuits in half. Evenly top bottoms with berries and their juices, then evenly top with some of the whipped cream. Top with biscuit tops and remaining whipped cream. Garnish, if desired, with additional berries.