Oh wow, I can’t believe I missed it. March 24th was National Chocolate Covered Raisin Day. My excuse is that for the last week an a half my life has been turned upside down by illness and what not, but I’m back on track and it look like other than a small cold Zoe seems to have we might be back on track to having a healthy family. So we’re going to be celebrating National Chocolate Covered Raisin Day a few days late.
I’d love to celebrate it with you guys!
Nestle Raisinets contacted me, well their PR company contacted me on their behalf and asked me to share some fun facts about Raisinets with you and I get to giveaway a few boxes. Raisinets bring back fond memories of my childhood and falling in love with chocolate. My babysitter had a bowl of raisinets in the refrigerator and I used to get a few when my parents were late picking me up, and when I was really little it seemed to happen a lot. So, I was on lucky girl getting to snack on chocolate covered raisins. It’s funny because writing this just reminded me that I actually have a bag of Raisinets in the fridge right now. Yumm!
• All Nestlé Raisinets are produced in Burlington, Wisconsin. They are made with select California raisins and a unique blend of Nestlé Chocolate.
• Raisinets were first introduced in 1927 by the Blumenthal Chocolate Company. Back then, it took two-and-a-half hours to produce one batch of Raisinets! Now it takes between 45 and 60 minutes.
• In 2010 we produced nearly 20 million pounds of Milk and Dark Chocolate Raisinets, which is equal to approximately 8 billion individual Raisinets. If you lined them up end-to-end, they’d stretch all the way around the earth about three-and-a-half times!
• Last year we used almost seven million pounds of raisins and more than 10 million pounds of Nestlé Chocolate to produce both Milk and Dark Chocolate Raisinets.
• Raisinets are the first chocolate covered raisin candy to have a cartoon series featured on its own YouTube channel! – www.youtube.com/raisinets
Enter to Win:
5 Winners each receive 2 milk chocolate and 2 dark chocolate boxes (MOVIE SIZE BOXES) of Raisinets.
Just leave a comment on this post.
Please vote for Our Family Picnic (extra entry for every vote, every day)
tweet or RT this post and include the link to the post
Enter to Win 4 Movie Size Boxes of Milk and Dark Chocolate Raisinets #Giveaway @momstart 5 winners http://bit.ly/eDExcK
Subscribe to MomStart
Comment on any non-giveaway post
List this giveaway on any giveaway site, dig, stumble, like or share on Facebook (or use any of the share options listed below)
Blog About this Giveaway (10 extra entries, linking to the giveaway)
Follow me on twitter tell me your twitter ID
Follow/Like Mom Start on Facebook
Follow me on Google Friend Connect
This giveaway ends April 11th. All rules can be found under giveaway rules.
Disclosure – The product featured and photos in this giveaway were provided to me by the manufacturer or representing PR agency. Opinions expressed are my own and are NOT influenced by monetary compensation.