I recently spent some quality time with the Blackberry Z10. I’ve never played with a Blackberry before and didn’t know much about how they are staying current in the market. I remember when Blackberrys were all the rage. You were cool if you had a Blackberry and I never had one. They were the “business” phone, they were everything. Finally, I had one in my hands and well it was the Blackberry Z10.
What did I like about it. I liked how fast it was. I could get to one app to another very easily, it’s all about swiping, but I guess all phones are now. I found it very easy to learn how to use. I liked the touch keyboard I found that it easily recognized my key strokes. The screen was very clear and easy to read.
The Blackberry Z10 is the reinvented BlackBerry® – an intelligent and intuitive experience designed with you in mind that constantly adapts to your needs. With features and apps working seamlessly together, the BlackBerry Z10 makes all your connections fast, secure, and tailored to your needs. New features of the BlackBerry Z10 include:
- The BlackBerry® Hub allows you to peek at your inbox from any app without having to stop what you’re doing
- The smart BlackBerry® Keyboard reconfigures itself based on your typing habits
- BBM™ Video with Screen Share* shares content and apps right from your device
- Time Shift mode lets you create a photo even more perfect than the moment it happened
BBM™ VIDEO WITH SCREEN SHARE: Share what you want real-time
Catch up face-to-face or share what’s on your screen with BBM™ Video with Screen Share.* It’s a new BBM experience for a new generation of BlackBerry® smartphones.
- GSM Unlocked Quad Band GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900; 3G Data capable: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 – STL100-1
- BlackBerry 10 OS; Qualcomm MSM8960 Snapdragon (Chipset); Dual-core 1.5 GHz Krait CPU (Processor)
- 16 GB storage, 2 GB RAM; microSD Slot expandable up to 64 GB; HTML5; SNS Integration
- 8 MP (3264 x 2448 pixels) w/ Autofocus, LED flash, Geo-tagging, continuous auto-focus, image stabilization, face detection + secondary 2 MP, 720p@30fps
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual band; GPS with A-GPS support; NFC (Near Field Communication); Bluetooth v4.0 with A2DP, LE
What’s it lacking? It’s lacking a decent camera and apps. It’s lower on apps than even a Windows Phone.