Oh How Yum! I had way too many bananas the other day so I had to find a use for them and I was craving chocolate. As much chocolate as I could cram into something within reason.So I went searching for a recipe and found a banana bread recipe at the Food Network, but it didn’t call for any chocolate, so I took their recipe and experimented and loved the result and thought I would share it with all of you. So here is my Mexican Chocolate Banana Chocolate Chip Bread Recipe.
The kids helped me make these wonderful treats. We got out all of the ingredients and then they helped me measure everything out.
They both took turns mashing the bananas
So, you might be asking what makes these Mexican, it’s the combination of cinnamon and the chocolate that makes it Mexican. yum!
So here is the printable version of the Mexican Chocolate Banana Chocolate Chip Bread.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 2 large eggs
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ⅓ cup cocoa
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Grease your 9 x 5 x 3 baking dish or muffin tins
- Cream the sugar and the butter in a large mixing bowl
- Add the eggs 1 at a time
- In a small bowl mash the bananas with a potato smasher
- Add in the milk and cinnamon to the bananas
- In another small bowl mix the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt
- Add the banana mixture to the sugar and mix well
- Add the dry ingredients to the mixture and mix well
- Finally stir in the chocolate chips by hand
- Pour the batter into the baking dish bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes. If making muffins check after 30 - 45 minutes.
- Remove bread from pan and cool on wire rack before serving.