By: Alyson LaBarge
He mixed up the ingredients for the rub and let it set for a couple of hours then spread it over the beautiful roast to let it soak up the seasonings for 24 hours.
Meanwhile, he got to work on the BBQ sauce, dicing, sautéing and reducing the ingredients. It made the entire house smell so good and my mouth was watering!
The next day, he got busy grilling. Now we do not have any fancy, expensive grill so if we can do this, anyone with a grill and the ingredients can do it. ;) When we got ready to set down for dinner, the meat looked and smelled divine.
With the first bite, I knew we had a winner. It was so moist and tender and all five of us loved it. He will certainly be making this again! Now I need to see what else he can cook up from our cool new cookbook.
Troy Black has some great grilling tips:
- When following quick-grilling recipes, if space allows, try and keep one side of the grill for indirect grilling. That way, if you have a flare-up, you can easily move the food to the cooler side and avoid over-cooking or burning.
- Resist the temptation to lift the lid during smoking to check meat before the recommended cooking time has elapsed; doing so allows heat and moisture to escape and adds to the cooking time.
- Keep a spray bottle by your grill and fill it with apple juice, vinegar or other flavor enhancers to spritz on meat as it cooks for added flavor.
Win Troy Black’s All Fired Up Cookbook
Enter to win your own copy of Troy Black’s All Fired Up Cookbook! ($24.95 value)
* Giveaway participants release Facebook from any responsibility whatsoever.
* Giveaways on this blog are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
* Giveaway participants are providing information to this blog and giveaway sponsors only; not to Facebook.
Good luck and Enjoy!
Follow Sam’s Club Online:
Alyson is a Stay-at-Home Mom blogger and a work-in-progress author. She is blessed to stay home to raise her three crazy, amazing girls and be married to her hero. She loves all things Disney, scrapbooking, reading, travel, cowboys and horses. You can read about her ups, down and craziness on Facebook or Pinterest.