Growing up I celebrated lent. We didn’t eat meat on Friday nights. It seemed so random that it was only on Friday nights. Anyway, Starkist sent me some recipes and I know that meatless Monday is a big deal so I wanted to share this recipe in honor of both. Here is a meatless Monday recipe: The Bolder Burger, aka the tuna burger. .
Photo courtesy of StarKist, Co. (StarKist.com)
Calories: 330; Total Fat: 15g; Cholesterol: 40mg; Sodium: 510mg; Carbohydrates: 49g; Fiber: 3g; Sugars: 5g; Protein: 23g
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
· 2 pouches (2.6 oz) StarKist Tuna Creations®, Herb & Garlic
· ½ cup bread crumbs, divided in half
· ½ cup finely shredded Cheddar cheese
· 2 Tbsp. non-fat ranch salad dressing
· 2 Tbsp. egg substitute
· 2 – 3 green onions, sliced
· 1 Tbsp. Canola Oil
· Mix tuna, ¼ cup bread crumbs, cheese, dressing, egg substitute, and onion in a medium bowl. Mix well.
· Form into two large patties (or 8 small ones); Place remaining ¼ cup bread crumbs on a plate. Coat each side of tuna patties with bread crumbs.
· Heat oil in non-stick skillet over medium heat. Cook patties 3 – 5 minutes on each side until golden brown.