Fall is a hectic time for most households as fall sports are kicking off, school schedules are getting set and colder weather heads our way. The transition to fall weather is a good reminder to check in on your safety and security measures for your home and belongings… especially those that may reside outside on your property.
Master Lock offers solutions to keep the family safe this fall.
Master Lock encourages families to follow these tips to stay safe this fall:
- Be aware of surroundings. As dusk and darkness creep up earlier each day, remind children to follow safety precautions on their way to and from home. Whether walking all the way home or just to a parked car, students are advised to be aware of their surroundings, stick with a friend or in a group, stay in well-lit areas, avoid short cuts and always observe traffic rules.
- Review bike safety. With kids of all ages riding their bikes to and from school and extracurricular activities, it’s important for parents to review safety rules with their children. Lock up smaller electronics and other valuables, including cell phones and MP3s, in a portable mini safe, such as the Master Lock 5900D SafeSpace. While on the road, wear a properly fitting helmet and bright colored clothing that is visible to drivers and other cyclists. Make sure young riders follow the rules of the road by riding in the same direction as cars, stopping at stop signs and following traffic lights. With more than 1.5 million bikes stolen each year,* encourage kids to utilize a bike lock to deter theft. The Master Lock No. 8300D Speed Dial™ Set Your Own Directional Combination Cable Lock allows users to easily set and reset their combination using simple to remember directional arrows, letters or numbers.
- Establish a “home alone” routine. Sometimes situations arise where teens will be home without supervision, whether coming home after school to an empty house or due to busy weekend activities. It’s good to set guidelines with your children to follow when home alone including, locking the door immediately after entering the house, calling to check in as soon as he or she gets home, not answering the door for any visitors and reviewing relevant emergency phone numbers and exit plans. Instead of hiding an extra set of house keys beneath a door mat or under a nearby rock, the new Master Lock SafeSpace® Portable Light-Up Dial Lock Box 5424D is the perfect solution for securely storing house keys outside so that children (or parents) are never left locked out.
- Practice gun safety. If a household possesses firearms, it is of the utmost importance that they are always secured, especially when children are present. Use maximum security measures by locking up firearms and storing them in a safe that is located out of children’s reach. Designed with a dual lever locking mechanism, the Master Lock 107DSPT Gun Lock can only be opened and closed when the key is inserted and turned for added security measures. The Sentry Safe Quick Access Pistol Safe provides ready access to your firearm when needed in an emergency, while its pry resistant solid steel construction helps prevent unauthorized access. Remember to always remove ammunition before storage, and keep ammunition in a locked location separate from firearms.
- Revisit fire safety preparedness. While talking with your children about safety guidelines, fall is also an ideal time to create or practice a fire safety plan. Start with inspecting your home to ensure all smoke detectors are functioning properly and reviewing the sound of the alarm with children so they know what do to when it goes off. Make an evacuation plan by visiting each room in your home, designating two ways out and check that all windows and doors open easily. Lastly, designate a safe meeting place outside the home where your family can gather after exiting and practice the escape plan. In the event of a fire, you don’t want to waste time gathering personal items. Sixty-nine percent of North Americans** said that they would be devastated to lose personal identification documents — social security card, passport, financial documents and photos. As these items are nearly impossible to replace, a fire- and water-resistant safe like the SentrySafe SFW123FTC Extra Large Digital Fire Safe allows valuables to stay intact for recovery post-disaster.
And thanks to them we have a giveaway for you guys that are great for kids (or protecting kids):
· Locking up Bikes: With more than 1.5 million bikes being stolen each year, securing your bike is also important. Encourage kids to lock it up to deter theft. The Master Lock No. 8300D Speed Dial™ Set Your Own Directional Combination Cable Lock allows users to easily set and reset their combination using simple to remember directional arrows, letters or numbers. (MSRP: $25.31)
· Security Solutions for After-School Entry for Kids: Instead of hiding an extra set of house keys beneath a door mat or under a nearby rock, the new Master Lock Portable Light-Up Dial Lock Box 5424D is the perfect solution for securely storing house keys outside so that children (or parents) are never left locked out. (MSRP: $52.83)
· Keeping Guns Safely Stored: If a household possesses firearms, it is of the utmost importance that they are always secured, especially when children are present. Use maximum security measures by locking up firearms and storing them in a safe that is located out of children’s reach. Designed with a dual lever locking mechanism, the Master Lock 107DSPT Gun Lock can only be opened and closed when the key is inserted and turned for added security measures. (MSRP: $10.81)
Enter to Win:
either the gun lock + bike cable lock or the portable lock box
Leave a comment telling me which product you would like most
1. Follow me on twitter www.twitter.com/momstart.
2. Share this contest on your Facebook page using the button on the bottom of the post and share that link in your entry comment here.
3. Retweet this info (you can use the tweet button at the bottom of the post) and leave me a comment with a link to your retweet.
— Louise Bishop (@MomStart) October 12, 2016
4. Retweet or tweet daily and leave a comment daily that you have done this. You can use the above for either. copy and past or hit retweet.
5. Extra entry for leaving a comment on a non-giveaway post – you must leave a comment here as well to tell me that you have done so to get the entry.
6. Visit the MomStart Facebook page here, leave me a separate comment telling me you have done so.!
7. Follow MomStart on Instagram and leave a separate comment!!
8. Follow MomStart on Pinterest and leave a separate comment!!
10. Subscribe to the MomStart Youtube channel and leave me a comment here stating that
Each Entry is a new comment. This giveaway ends October 25th.