In celebration of Mardi Gras, which falls on February 12th this year, host a Mardi Gras themed meal in your home! Make sure to begin by decorating your table in green, gold and purple, the traditional colors of the holiday and purchase colored beads for all of your guests to wear. If you’re feeling super creative, purchase feathers, beads, sequins and plain masks that guests will be able to decorate when they arrive. Masked costume balls are traditional events held throughout Mardi Gras season!
No Mardi Gras meal is complete without a flavorful jambalaya dish. This recipe features Hormel® chili no beans and Hormel® chunk chicken and can be prepared in thirty minutes or less! Your guests will love this unique play on comfort food.
Easy Cajun Jambalaya Recipe
- 1 (15-ounce) can chunky tomato sauce with onions, celery and green bell pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can Hormel® Chili No Beans
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 1/2 pound medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and cooked
- 1 (5-ounce) can Hormel® Chunk Breast of Chicken, drained and flaked
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
In large skillet, combine tomato sauce, chili, rice, shrimp, chicken and Creole seasoning. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or until heated thoroughly. Stir in onions. Sprinkle with parsley before serving.
I received this information from Hormel, as part of my membership of the Hormel Family Blogger Program.