I’ve been trying to widen our meal plan using ingredients that we know and love. I’ve just been tired of making the same things over and over again. So, I checked out Jimmy Dean’s Website for recipes and found the Maple Sausage Corn Bread Pudding Recipe. My husband was a little bit leery because the recipe called for onions, so I told him to trust me it would be delicious. It came out wonderful, of course with my own modifications.
Here is my version of Maple Sausage Corn Bread Pudding Recipe
1 pkg of Jiffy Corn Bread Mix (or 8.5 ounces of your choice corn bread mix)
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 pkg Jimmy Dean Maple Flavor Pork Sausage Roll (8 ounces) cooked crumbled and drained
1 1/2 cups frozen corn cooked
2 cups half-and-half or whipping cream
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare muffin batter according to package directions, pour into lightly greased 8-inch square baking pan. Bake 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely.
2. Cut cornbread into 1-inch cubes; place in 13×19 inch baking pan. Bake 5-10 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer lightly greased 2-quart casserole.
3. Melt the butter and pour over the bread cubes, then top with corn and sausage
4. Beat eggs, half-and-half, salt in small bowl with wire whisk until well blended; pour over ingredients in casserole. Gently press bread cubes into egg mixture until completely covered. Cover with foil.
5. Bake 30 minutes then uncover and cook 10 more (make sure the knife comes out clean) Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
I varied the ingredients and directions to the original recipe quite a bit, to see the differences check out this Maple Sausage Corn Bread Pudding Recipe.