According to the American Cancer Society, about half of all cancer deaths could be prevented if people maintained a healthy weight through diet and regular exercise; avoided tobacco products; and got recommended cancer screening tests.
As busy moms like me know, it’s not ever easy to incorporate all of these healthy behaviors into our busy schedules. I was even told that, a new national survey of approximately 2,000 women ages 25-64 revealed that they are so busy taking care of others, that they do not have any time to think about their own health. To help people put themselves first, the American Cancer Society launched the program Choose You, and even a Choose You Day!
Choose You Day
On May 12, large employers around the country participated in Choose You Day, and encouraged their employees to pledge a $5 donation to the lifesaving work of the Society. The employees were also encouraged to take 30 minutes during the workday to focus on their own personal health. Employees chose from taking a walk, attending a yoga class or participating in a program provided by their employers.
For more information about the Choose You movement, log on to ChooseYou.com.
CHOOSE YOU FACT SHEET
· The American Cancer Society saves lives by helping you stay well; helping you get well; finding cures and fighting back.
· In May 2010, The American Cancer Society launched the Choose You movement, to inspire women to put their health first and make healthy lifestyle choices to stay well and help prevent cancer, while also raising money to support the Society create a world with more birthdays. It also helps women serve as healthy role models for those around them.
· Choose You shines a light on a hidden issue: one in three American women will get cancer in her lifetime.* Yet, about half of cancer deaths could be prevented if people maintained a healthy weight through diet and regular exercise; avoided tobacco products; and got recommended cancer screening tests.
· A new nationwide survey by the American Cancer Society found that an overwhelming 95 percent of women say they need to improve their healthy lifestyle. Yet, surprisingly, more than half (58 percent) admit that they put others’ health before their own.**
· Choose You empowers women with the tools, tips and motivation to put their health first and make healthy lifestyle changes.
· Choose You will reach women nationwide online, at work, in stores and around the community, providing the tools they need to make personal health a priority.
· Ellen Pompeo is the Choose You celebrity ambassador, rallying women nationwide to join the new movement. A busy actress, wife and mom, Ellen knows firsthand how important it is for women to put their health first.
· Sprite Zero and Walgreens are the national presenting sponsors of Choose You. They share the American Cancer Society’s goal of educating women about Choose You and the simple steps they can take to maintain a healthy lifestyle and help prevent cancer.
· Women can join the Choose You movement by logging onto ChooseYou.com and making a commitment to reach a personal health goal.
* American Cancer Society, “Cancer Facts and Figures”, 2009
** American Cancer Society, “Choose You Survey”, 2010
In further celebration of Choose You, The American Cancer Society and their sponsors are allowing us to host a giveaway. You will receive a Live Healthy Gift Bag. This bag will include:
Gift Card to Walgreens
Choose You t-shirt
Neutrogena Age Shield repair anti-aging sunblock
Blue Flower Pin/Hair accessory
Choose You Metal Water Bottle
Sprite Zero Coupons
Tell me how to maintain a healthy lifestyle in the comments?
Tweet or hit the RT button up top:
Choose You, Live Healthier #Giveaway http://bit.ly/9EI3Sn
Follow me on twitter tell me your twitter ID
Follow me on Google Friend Connect
Comment on any other non-giveaway post
Advertise this giveaway on any giveaway site, your blog, or your facebook page and tell me where you advertised it or Use any of the share options below, digg, stumble…2 entries each
Subscribe to my blog
The contest will run until June 14th 11:59 pm Pacific. All rules can be found under giveaway rules.
This is a compensated post, I was provided with this information and gift by the American Cancer Society.