If you’re looking for some lighter grilling fare this summer, then you might enjoy this recipe from Medifast for yummy chicken and veggie kabobs:
Lemon Scallion Chicken & Vegetable Kabobs
Recipe by Medifast.
24 oz raw, boneless, skinless chicken breast (should yield three 6-oz cooked servings)
2 cups (2 small) summer squash*
2 cups (18 medium) mushrooms, quartered
1-1/2 cups (1 small-medium) zucchini*
1 cup (8 medium) cherry tomatoes
*Half lengthwise, then cut into 1″ chunks
Lemon Scallion Sauce:
3/4 cup (4-6) scallions, chopped
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt or salt substitute
6 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 Tbsp hot red pepper sauce
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1. If using wooden skewers, soak in water 30 minutes.
2. In small bowl, combine scallion sauce; set aside. (You may wish to reserve part of this sauce for finished kabobs.)
3. Preheat grill to medium heat.
4. Thread kabobs with chicken, zucchini, squash, mushrooms, and tomatoes.
5. Brush kabobs before and during cooking with sauce.
6. Grill kabobs 10 minutes, turning once, until cooked through.
Prep time: 15-20 minutes + 30 minutes soak time for wooden skewers
Cook time: 10-15 minutes
Yields: 3 servings
Nutrition: Cal 380; Total Fat 11g; Sat Fat 2.5g; Chol 145mg; Sod 520mg; Total Carb 13g; Fiber 4g; Pro 56g