You may already know that Lawry’s makes marinades and spice mixes. I grew up with Lawry’s spaghetti spices, for a very long time it was the only seasoning packet my stepdad would use. So much so that when they moved from Texas to Florida and could no longer find Lawry’s he special ordered it on-line. When I started cooking for my own family I knew it was good so I would use it to marinade my meet.
I took my kids to the grocery store to pick out some vegetables and while we were there the red cabbage (we call it purple in our house) caught my eye. I asked my daughter if she wanted me to buy it, so I did. We used it with our Santa Fe Chili Marinade Recipe. Letting your kids participate in the shopping experience makes it more likely that they will eat what you make. It also helps to let them help in the kitchen (not my best quality but we try to cook together).Lawry’s took the fun in the kitchen one step further. You can create a dinnertisement video. Now, What is a dinnertisement you might ask? I had to ask myself the same question. Dinnertising is all about making meals interactive and fun for kids. You pick a recipe, add your name and Lawry’s creates a fun video for you to share with your family and friends. You could be features on Rachel Ray.
Our actual dinner was created with pork chops. I cut them into cubes marinated it for 30 minutes and then cooked it on the stove top.
Pork Santa Fe Chili Marinade On Bed of Cabbage Recipe:
Two large Pork Chops
half a bottle of Lawry’s Santa Fe Chili Marinade
Cut up the pork
Marinate for at least 30 minutes no longer than 24 hours
Cook until pork is done
Serve over a bed of cabbage
If desired use Ponzu sauce to enhance flavor (not that it’s needed) or as a dressing for the cabbage. Now if you go and make your own video like we did
You could be featured on Rachel Ray and win the following:
Enter to Win:
- Rachael Ray Lasagna Lover Stoneware
- 2 Zak Designs Serving Spoons: Either happy or surprise spoons
- Lawry’s NEW Marinades and Spice Blends: Mediterranean Herb Seasoned Salt, Fire Roasted Chile & Garlic, Roasted Garlic Salt, Santa Fe Chili Marinade and Mediterranean Herb and White Wine Marinade
You need to create your own dinnertisement leave the link below. You could be featured on Rachel Ray
Steps to creating a Dinnertisement:
1) Visit www.dinnertising.com
2) On the right hand side, click the sign that reads “Create Your Own Dinnertisement Now”
3) Click on the sign that reads “Choose a Recipe & Get Started!”
4) Click on the dishes to see a variety of recipes
5) Select the recipe you like best and then click the arrow that reads “Next Step”
6) Select the theme you like best and then click the arrow that reads “Next Step”
7) Upload your photo by clicking the sign that reads “Click to upload”
8) Enter your family name and click enter
9) Read the consent and click the arrow that reads “Yes, I Do Agree”
10) Watch the video and at the end of the Dinnertisement, click on the envelope to email the link to yourself.
11) Copy and paste the link to your Dinnertisement in the comments section to be entered to win the Rachael Ray Stoneware giveaway!
Giveaway Ends Saturday June 2nd