jijamas™ incredibly soft loungewear for parents
Recently jijamas™ (www.jijamas.com) launched as the proud project of parent entrepreneurs, Gustavo and Courtney Sanchez. Inspired by how soft their little daughter’s pajamas were and how the softness actually helped them unwind to go to sleep, they wanted adult pajamas that helped them relax too, and decided to createjijamas™. The name comes from their kids too, as they couldn’t pronounce pajamas and instead called them their “jijamas”.
The 2013 collection (The Soul Mate, The Therapist, The Lighthearted, and The Better Half) mixes sleepwear with a touch of loungewear and are made with 100% high-end Pima cotton – the same cotton used in pj’s for newborns – and was created with relaxation in mind.
I was sent a pair of The Therapist (http://jijamas.com/collections/the-therapist) in gray to try out and review. When I first opened the package I was a bit surprised by the size of the jijamas and thought that I’d be swimming in them. But the clever tag tied on top of the package gave instructions that they will be larger before washing, as they are 100% cotton. I decided to wash and dry my jijamas before even trying them on.
They did shrink some after drying and the pants fit perfectly. They are a little fitted and and the drawstring waist keeps them flowing but not sloppy. The top doesn’t fit me quite right, it’s a bit short in the body and long in the arms. I am partial to layering, so with a tank top underneath the top it’s a very comfortable combination.
I love the bottoms and know they will become a staple in my lounge wear and pajama rotation. I would also recommend a pair to a new parent to offer some comfort during all the sleepless nights in the beginning.
5 1/2 reasons to get a pair of jijamas™
1. Made from the softest pima cotton. They only use long staple Pima cotton which is used in sleepwear for newborns because of its extreme softness.
2. Two different length sizes to choose from. Pajamas are usually too long or too short. Theirs aren’t. They offer two lengths based on your height (5’5 & shorter, or 5’6 & taller)
3. Only $5.99 flat shipping anywhere in the US. And it’s free if you buy 2 items or more.
4. Sleepwear with a hint of loungewear. Made to be worn all day so you can relax. There’s even a Capri style for the warm at heart.
5. They make a great gift. Who doesn’t need a pair of pajamas? And who doesn’t need to relax?
5½. Free and easy returns. They we want you to be happy in your jijamas™, they’ve made returns easy and free (hence the one half a reason).
So whether you put on your jijamas™ after a long day at work or wear them all day on Sunday, we hope you relax. After all, that’s what jijamas™ are for. You can get your own jijamas™ for at jijamas.com and run $90 plus shipping.
Christine is our in house baby & household product reviewer. She has two daughters that are quite adorable. One is a very active 2 year old and the other is 5 1/2. She works part-time at the local children’s hospital.