I have to say that one of my favorite things to do when I was a kindergarten teacher was allow students to decorate bags to hold their little Valentine cards. To be honest, I’m not that big on the store-bought chocolates, comic book character overpriced pieces of cheap cardstock, or the dozen roses that seem to be SUPER expensive during the month of February. What I DO like though, is celebrating love, friendship, and how much you value relationships. A day to tell someone “I love you” just because? YES! I’m in. You don’t need to buy a $5 greeting card or $50 bouquet of roses. In fact, all you need is 2 pipe cleaners and a chocolate kiss! Here is a super easy craft idea that you and your kids can have fun with. I saw this in Family Fun and had to give it a try!
You will need:
– Regular craft pipe cleaners (color of your choice)
– Chocolate drop candies (I used Hershey Kisses)
1. Cross the pipe cleaners and twist them in the center.
2. Bring the pipe cleaners around the tip of the candy and twist to secure them around the Hershey Kiss.
3. Mold the pipe cleaners into a ring. Wrap the excess around the base of the Hershey Kiss or snip off the ends.
4. If you want, you can add a little note to your ring and use them in a class Valentine exchange.
Let us know if you try this out. Feel free to leave a picture of your own “Ring Around the Kisses” experiments in the comments.
Ashley has a background in teaching Kindergarten and working with children K through 8th grade. She is now a SAHM and active with our local MOMS Club chapter. She writes her own blog at Momicles.