1. Clean your bedroom weekly. This includes floors, furniture, tops of doors, window frames/sills, etc. with a damp cloth.
2. Vacuum carpet and upholstery regularly.
3. Vacuum bed upholstery. Better yet, get a bed, like the Sleep Number bed which allows you to actually open and vacuum the inside of your bed too.
4. Wash curtains often and bedding weekly at 130+ degrees to kill dust mites.
5. Use allergen barrier covers for your mattress and pillows.
6. Undress in another room to avoid bringing outside allergens into the bedroom.
7. Keep pets out of the bedroom.
8. Keep room at humidity below 50 percent to reduce dust mite population and mold growth.
9. Regularly launder stuffed animals.
10. Use a high quality HEPA air filter in the bedroom.
Don’t forget that you can find a complete line of hypoallergenic Sleep Number bedding accessories including bed pillows, pillow protectors, mattress pads, blankets and comforters. at www.sleepnumber.com.
Oh and be sure to enter my Sleep Number Bed Giveaway.