My daughter reminded me when I got home from my trip with Sony that St. Patrick’s day was coming up. She’s very worried about kids pinching her so I have to make sure she’s wearing green.
Anyway, that got me to thinking about sharing something green with you guys too!
Looking for some fun activities to do with your kids this St. Patrick’s Day weekend? If so, FamilyFun Magazine (familyfunmag.com) has some crafty ideas to keep your little leprechauns entertained. Pictured below are swinging shamrocks – easy to make and a festive way to celebrate the holiday!
1. Cut four half-inch rings from a flattened cardboard tube, then cut through one of the folds on each ring.
2. For three of the rings, bend and glue the two ends to form a heart-shaped leaf.
3. Fold the fourth ring into a triangular stem and glue the ends together.
4. Glue the stem between two leaves, then glue on the third.
5. Paint the shamrock green. When it’s dry, hang it with fishing line or string.
Photos and directions printed with permission from Family Fun Magazine!