New Year’s Eve is synonymous with big, loud, all-night parties; but if you’re a parent, you’re probably in the market for something a little more restrained. Fortunately, there are a ton of ways to throw an awesome, family-friendly party! These are my top 5 tips:
- Break out the decorations: Streamers, balloons and confetti are a quick, fun way to make your house look like party central!
- Don’t forget the party favors: Kids love getting goody bags, so hit up your local dollar or party store and pick up inexpensive noisemakers, glasses, party hats – anything that will help get your guests into the NYE spirit and make some noise at midnight!
- Stay refreshed: Check out Andrea Lynn Food Writer for some awesome mocktail recipes to serve at your party, including Homemade Apple Cider and Milk Flutes with Chocolate Chip Cookie Sticks. Yum!
- Plan your entertainment: Sitting around staring at the floor won’t be a fun party, so make sure to plan some entertainment! I can’t tell you how many times I’ve relied on Netflix during parties I’ve thrown – it’s perfect for queuing up what you want to watch, because you can just let it play in the background while you play hostess. And just in time for New Year’s Eve, Netflix has debuted a new original series featuring one heck of a party animal: King Julien, the lovable ring-tailed lemur from Madagascar! All Hail King Julien premiered on December 19th, and is the perfect way to fill your New Year’s Eve with laughs!
- Countdown to midnight! No matter what your NYE party looks like, it wouldn’t be complete without a countdown! Our friend King Julien has his own New Year’s countdown on Netflix which is the perfect way to say hello to 2015 in style!
What does your family have planned for New Year’s Eve?