Visitors to Phoenix, Ariz. staying at Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort will be able to celebrate these holidays with new chef creations at resort restaurants Rico’s American Grill and Hole-in-the-Wall. It’s a special treat for all tourists.
Rico’s American Grill will be celebrating the holidays with stacks of blueberry pancakes and Cracker Jack sundaes with cinnamon vanilla swirl ice cream topped with housemade Cracker Jacks and ancho chili caramel.
Cracker Jacks Recipe
2 quarts dry popcorn
1 pound butter
1 cup and 4 ounces of water
3 cups sugar
2 tablespoons cinnamon
2 tablespoons ancho chili powder
1. Pop the popcorn.
2. While popping the popcorn, start the caramel.
3. Over medium heat, melt the butter
4. Add the sugar, water and cinnamon
5. Increase the heat and boil for 3-4 minutes.
6. Add the ancho chili powder.
7. Pour half the mixture over the popcorn and toss
8. Add remaining caramel and combine.
Cracker Jacks Sundae Recipe
6 ounces of Cinnamon Twist Ice Cream
½ cup caramel
3 ounces whipped cream
6 ounces of Cracker Jacks
2 ounces of peanuts
1. In a large pilsner glass start by layering popcorn, whip cream, ice cream, peanuts and caramel.
2. Do each layer twice to make the sundae.
3. Makes one servings.
Hole-in-the-Wall will be serving bread baskets of blueberry muffins to accompany lunch and dinner. For diners with a sweet tooth, they will be enjoy the unique sweet-and-spicy combination of ingredients in the ancho chili chocolate brownie topped with warm caramel sauce.
Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort is also celebrating summer with the summer rate from $109 a night. The summer rates are available for stays through Sept. 7 and can be booked online or by phone at +1 800-283-9230.