Holiday Peanut Butter Blossoms are much easier to make than I realized. I actually have a very very hard time making cookies. I’ve found, thanks to my husband, that the key to making fluffy cookies is using butter Crisco sticks. It’s the only way my cookies will come out right. And I made this recipe while I was at Smuckers in Orville. Smuckers paid for all my transportation and accommodations while I was there. This is the Smuckers’ Peanut Butter Blossoms.
Makes: 4 Dozen
Peanut Butter Blossoms Recipe
Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
· 1/2 cup Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
· Or 1/2 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
· 1/2 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
· 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
· 1/2 cup sugar
· 1 large egg
· 2 tablespoons milk
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
· 1 3/4 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
· 1 teaspoon baking soda
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· Red and green decorator sugar
· 48 foil-wrapped white and milk chocolate pieces, unwrapped
1. HEAT oven to 375°F.
2. BEAT shortening, peanut butter, brown sugar and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on high speed. Beat in egg, milk and vanilla. Add flour, baking soda and salt. Beat on low speed until stiff dough forms. Shape into 1-inch balls. Roll half in red sugar and half in green sugar. Place 2 inches apart on baking sheet.
3. BAKE 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on pan 3 minutes. Top each cookie with chocolate piece. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
These are so very very yummy.