Here is a delicious low carb recipe that both adults and kids will love these holidays. Combining a lower sodium option of Sara Lee Deli honey ham with tasty cream cheese, the recipe is complimented with basil, cucumber and a red pepper for a tasty pinwheel to serve to guests at parties or even on-the-go during the busy season.
Ham & Basil Pinwheel Recipe
· 1 thick slice Sara Lee® Lower Sodium Honey Ham
· ½ slice Provolone Cheese, cut into 2-inch by ¼-inch by ¼-inch pieces
· 1 tablespoon Whipped Cream Cheese
· 1 whole fresh basil leaf
· 2 very thin slices of peeled cucumber, patted dry
· 4 red pepper strips – sliced thin
Place the ham on a flat clean surface or cutting board.
Carefully spread the Whipped Cream Cheese on the ham slice being careful not to tear the meat.
Top with a basil leaf and a single layer of the cucumber rings. Top with pepper strips and Provolone Cheese strips.
Roll to make a tight cigar-shaped roll. Using a sharp knife, cut the sticks into 2” pieces and serve with toothpicks.
Makes one pinwheel.